Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crap! Slush!

I drove an hour and a half for this. 
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~Forrest Gump. Well Forrest, Mama says the same for steelhead fishing. You could get ice, slush, rain, snow, the rapture. It's totally unpredictable.


Frozen flies, YAY!!!
Everything was frozen yesterday. The guides on my rod, my line, my flies, my waders, myself, the river, everything. It was the most miserable steelhead weather I have been in. The temperature was 15 degrees! Miserable. If you have been in worse weather for fishing I want to hear about it.

I think we need to set up webcams all around the river so we don’t drive for an hour or more just to find slush and other cruddy conditions. It’s a good idea don’t you think. 

Anyway, tight lines to ya’ll.  

No comments: